Welcome to the website of Sacred Heart Church in Coshocton, OH. We are a community of Catholic Christians located in Coshocton County, Ohio off Route 16/36 and Route 541 near Roscoe Village in the Diocese of Columbus, OH. We are firmly grounded in Scripture and the Sacraments which we celebrate in our regular and devout celebrations of prayer, traditional devotions and most especially the Mass. Our patron is the Sacred Heart of Jesus as revealed to St. Gertrude and St. Margaret Mary Alacoque and we live the active life of the Body of Christ.
For over 150 years the Catholic Church in Coshocton County has been active initially through mission churches, which have consolidated to form our current parish. The church, built on the site of a gravel quarry, was completed in 1897 and been in use since. Sacred Heart School, established in 1907 with the completion of the school building, was staffed for 101 years by members of the Dominican Sisters of St. Mary’s of the Springs from Columbus, OH. The last sister to teach at Sacred Heart School was Sr. Teresita Watson, O.P., who passed away in April, 2008. We maintain a strong Dominican connection with the Sisters and with our group of Dominican Lay Associates, “Hearts of Dominic”.
Our outreach ministries include our St. Vincent de Paul Society, Knights of Columbus and Catholic Women’s Club. They, with the parish at large, assist other area churches and organizations for example: The Salvation Army, New Life Ministries, Pregnancy Distress of Coshocton (assistance for pregnant women and their families), First Step (safe house for abused women) and the Community Thanksgiving Dinner. We are well represented at ecumenical prayer celebrations such as the Annual Thanksgiving Prayer Service, World Day of Prayer and Good Friday Service.
Thank you, for visiting our site. Please look around and see even more who we are and what we are about – God active in the world. You are always welcome to come and visit because “there’s always room at Sacred Heart.”